Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Remarks on: Battle Hymn Of The Tiger Mother

1) I would hate to be Amy Chua's daughter.Chua doesn't allow "tv, complaining about not being in a school play, being in a school play, sleepovers, playdates, etc".

When I have a stressful day/week I love just curling up in front of the TV and watch either a movie or a TV show that would take my day's stress.  When I have a bad day or stressful day  and I come home I don’t want any one talking to me or coming near me. I usually go on the computer to youtube or  be in front of my TV and start to watch old cartoons like Tom and Jerry or Bugs Bunny.  The old cartoons are witty fun and of course trying to blow the other character’s mind to pieces. Now and days cartoons are just stupid its either something stupid and mindless an actor says or does or they are remaking the old cartoons and  the plot is ‘lets not kill each other. Lets be friends”. The cartoons that I watch are the old cartoons like Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Loony Toons, Foghorn Leghorn, Hong Kong Fooey, and many other old cartoons.  Many reasons is because each and every episode is different from the last one. Also they don’t try to feed from one cartoon show to the other. Bugs Bunny didn’t feed off of Tom and Jerry, for starters Bugs Bunny talks and Tom and Jerry  occasionally talks.  Because of the violence of the old cartoons it usually lightens my mood a whole lot. For that is the reason why I love watching the old cartoons instead of the new stupider versions of “good TV”.



2)Amy Chua believes that most western mothers raising children says that "stressing academic success is not good for children" are wrong by how the Chineese raise their kids.

First off and for most stress can be bad for you! Especially if it is about finals for your high school or college courses.  Because I know for a fact that every teacher in Hauke is different. Like Mr. Bennett’s first period class we had to do 2 animotos, 2 pictures and captions, 2 wordles, 2 questions from Bennett and 200 each answer you give him, and 2 questions you have and you have to answer the questions with 200 responses for a book that you picked that was on a list of books for you to read over winter break. Then afterwards you have to give him an oral report on the book. But for Mrs. Blevins she gave us a sheet of names, dates, and facts and we had to remember them some of the questions on her final were from what we learned from the very beginning of the school year. If you didn’t study for the test you hope that you have a good grade in her class because you would fail the final. Mr. Zulhke gave us a pratice test of the final that had the multiple choice questions. For about two or three class periods we looked up the questions and then the last day of this he went over the answers and then it was up to us to study. Many of my finals were easy peasy and I didn’t have to worry about them. The only two finals that I really worried about was Bennett’s first period and Mr. Lemley’s fourth period Geometry class. I knew if I flunked either of the finals I would of failed the courses for the semester.  In geometry I’m not very good in it, I kinda can grasp the jist of it but in the class I was almost making a B in there. Even though I passed all of my courses I developed a bump behind my ear because of stress and also because of stress I broke out in my face. I kept it under control and hid it with make up but I knew it was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment